top of page

What can we do about Climate Change?

Governments have the most power to make the changes
that we need so urgently. You can send a letter or an email your MP stressing that you want them to do all in their power to tackle the Climate Emergency.  Contact details for the three Brent MPs and Brent Councillors are at the bottom of this page.


You can also put pressure on elected representatives and help raise awareness of the issues by joining us if you are in Brent, or finding your local Climate Action Group.  


Food: Agriculture, Forestry and land use make up 18% of UK CO2 emissions, mainly from livestock. You can eat more plant-based foods. There's a lot more information about moving to a plant based diet from the Plant Based Treaty organisation here


Friends: You can talk to your friends about what you are doing about climate change. What our friends do influences us.  


Shopping: Everything we buy takes energy to produce releasing yet more CO2 into the atmosphere,. You can reduce, recycle and buy second hand whenever possible. We also recommend buying from  Fairtrade and B-corp companies when you have a choice. 


Heat and Energy: Insulate your home as well as you are able. (Grants may be available). If you can, switch to a greener energy tariff. Here is a link that will help you do that.  


Transport: Transport is responsible for 22% of the UK’s emissions. The worst contributors are cars and planes. So use public transport, or cycle or walk whenever possible. And only fly occasionally.  


To calculate your carbon footprint you can go to For more ideas go to or look at FoE's Climate Action pages


Download our leaflet about what we can do about climate change here.


Contact details for Brent MPs and Councillors:


The MP for Brent North is

Barry Gardiner,

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 4046 Email: 


The MP for Brent Central is

Dawn Butler

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA 

Tel: 020 7219 8591



The MP for Hampstead and Kilburn is Tulip Siddiq

House of Commons, London, SW1A

Tel: 020 8127 5525


And / or contact one of your local councillors asking what they are doing etc.

Contact details here.

bottom of page